AlaskanEcoEscape Products Used
Many of you have asked for a list of the products we use here to clean ourselves and our house with since our water is recycled and reused.
We have a fish pond with Koi. If the Koi die or get sickly, we know we used something that was bad, so they are like our canary in the coal mine.
- 7th Generation Dish Soap as well as Dishwasher Soap. We add vinegar to the dishwasher to keep the spots down.
- 7th Generation Paper Towels for clean-ups that can’t get washed down the drain – like glue
- We clean the mirrors, windows, table tops and counters with Vinegar and water----about 50/50 blend.
- We clean sinks and stubborn spots with baking soda
- Dr. Bronner’s mint hand soap. If you’ve never read a Dr. Bonner’s soap bottle, that alone is worth the purchase!
- 7th Generation Toilet Paper: it is not chlorinated and it is 100% recycled paper, not fresh trees like some other brands.
- Teeth are brushed with Baking Soda.
- Nature’s Gate Shampoo and Conditioner
- L.A. Hold Hairspray occasionally
- Nature’s Gate Body Lotion—non-scented
- Tom’s Deodorant
- Biokleen Laundry Detergent
Products that didn’t work
- ECOVER (harmed the fish)
- 7th Generation Laundry Detergent is not used---too many suds---looked like the fish were in a bath tub!
- Burt’s Bees----turned the water cloudy.
FLOORS are cleaned with vinegar and water.